6/12/2013

Second Firestorm Fleet!

Hey all!

So I went ahead and decided that the best way to proceed after I complete my Rense System Navy fleet is to buy into a second fleet so that I can apply for my Spartan Vanguard position.  Now comes another decision - which fleet?!

I have narrowed it down to 4 possibilities:

Terran Alliance w/ Tarakian Allies:  I like the idea of having a two race fleet, and the Tarakins are a complete go ahead as the choice for allies.  As for the core fleet, I think the terrans will do.  I don't particularly like that they have seemingly no variety between the ships, and that they are blocky looking, but the idea of adding in Tarakians is too good to pass up.

Kurak Alliance Fleet:  I love the different fleet styles in the alliance... but the price point is a little high for me.  The idea of the fleet is great.  Plus I also have an alliance support fleet, and I really don't want to be "that guy" that only collects the alliance fleets, so these probably take the bottom rung.

Relthoza:  These guys are awesome, and I really like their rules and play style - reminds me of Romulans.  Cloaks and then wreck havoc.  The models are really cool too.  Only qualm I have with them is that they are the same side of the conflict as my RSN.  I don't know if I want to try and strain relations on the Zenian League side of the conflict.

Directorate:  Same basic idea along the Relthoza lines.  Models and style are great, the rules and fluff are fantastic, buuuuut they are Zenian League, so I don't know if I want to go with the same side of the conflict.  We'll see though.

Current standings are as follows:

Relthoza
Terrans/Tarakians
Directorate
Kurak Alliance Support Fleet


Sexy Relthozan Fleet
Terrans and Tarakians...

Or...

Dystopian Wars Prussian Naval Battle Group & Armored Battle Group
or
Prussian Naval Battle Group & Teutonic Battle Group
or...
Prussian Naval Battle Group & Support Flotilla


Sooooo Tempting

No comments:

Post a Comment