6/11/2013

Projects and Plans

So with my Firestorm Fleet of Rense System Naval vessels inbound, I can't help but take the time to think about other projects I have going, and what I might want to work on or begin with the completion of various other projects.

Taking top priority right now is in fact the building, priming, and painting of the RSN fleet.  Beyond that I have several options.

1. Skaven - there are always skaven slaves to be painted, and monsters to be finished for the rats.
2. High Elves - I have over 100 models left to paint and base for my pointy eared cavalry army.
3. Terrain for Firestorm - need to build some asteroids and paint up the satellites I ordered.
4. Sedition Wars - I love these models, they just always get put on the back burner :(

Projects that I would like to start:

- I would love to become a Spartan Vanguard member.  In order to do that, you need to have 2 well painted fleets so you can demo the game to people.  I am thinking that this would also be the perfect excuse to start collecting a Relthoza or Terran Fleet, plus add to the local wargaming community with a new game.
- On the same note as Firestorm, I have a desire to play Spartan Studio's Firestorm: Planetfall.  10mm sci-fi action sounds ridiculously cool, plus the models are gorgeous.  However, they don't sell starter boxes anymore, so it would be cost effective to play another game like...
- Dystopian Wars!  I could swing either the two naval group set for myself and start Prussians and Empire of the Blazing Sun (or the land groups for that matter).  Or I could really buff up a Prussian naval group with the starter box and one of the support flotillas that are coming out.
- Dystopian (LAND) Wars!  As surely as the naval game is amazing looking, the two army land battle group bundle sounds awesome as well - to get my Prussian and Empire of the Blazing Sun on.
- Infinity is also a very tempting game to start out, with ALEPH calling my name.  The models are truly fantastic and the rules are actually really cool.  This might happen.
- American Civil War Historical game using Black Powder rules.  Its a mouthful to say, but when you can buy a complete Confederate army and a complete Union army for $20 on amazon, it is really tempting.  Plus I would like to get into some historical gaming, and this might be the way.
- Hawk Wargames Dropzone Commander has honestly been making me all hot and bothered for about a year now.  The game looks absolutely fantastic, the models are great, the terrain is wonderful, and it would just be right in the world if I could start some Shaltari and rip open a can of whoop ass on some humans.
- and finally, the option I should probably take, and save money up to buy into one of the AH-MAZING kickstarter projects that will be coming out this year; namely All Quiet on the Martian Front, Wild West Exodus, and WarZone Resurrection.  All of those games look like a lot of fun, but aren't going to be in full production for quite some time yet.  I would really love to get my hands on some of the All Quiet stuff, but until then I will probably succumb to one of the other temptations... Until then, Tarum et clama dimit belli canes!


No comments:

Post a Comment