6/20/2013

Dreadball Unboxing

Hey All!

Just wanted to take the time to show you a little something that I got on vacation!  First, let me go on and tell you that Armchair Adventurer in Honolulu, Hawaii is one of the best gaming stores I have ever been in, and that - if you get the chance - you should visit the store.  The Mad Dragon - what the owner calls himself because of the sheer volume of stock he has - would be happy to see you!

Ok, on to business.  So, I have always had a slight love affair with sports games, mostly because I can picture an absolutely fantastic game of Blood Bowl... But alas, Blood Bowl is dying.  So, who comes along?  Plucky Mantic Games of course!  And they have made a winning product this time.

The box set comes with 2 full teams of 10 models each - Marauders (Orcs) and Humans - as well as a deck of 54 game cards, the game board, a referee model, 2 ball models, the full rulebook, hex bases, cardboard tokens, and a roster pad.

After reading through their Kickstarter and the rules, as well as a fair amount of research and thought, I think that - should my first few games prove fun and I get a league going in college this fall - I will be investing in both a Forge Fathers Team and either a Robots team or a future released Teratons team.  For the near future though, I have a feeling that I will be sticking to my Orx and Humans.  Anyway, enough banter!  You want to see an unboxing!

The Box!

The Rulebook, nice paper, well designed book.
 Honestly the rules of this game are fantastically simple.  I love it, and I am going to enjoy playing this game again and again until I am blue in the face, and then play some more because it really is just that awesome.

The Board itself, complete with visitor and home sides

Counters, dice, and roster sheets

Sorry for poor quality, will take better shots beginning of
next week, seeing as I'm still on vacation and dont want
to loose any of the bits and pieces before I get home.
So there you have it.  Not really an indepth opening.  The book and the paper products look fantastic, I can't wait to rip into those models and my Firestorm Armada stuff on Monday, but until then I have to stick with the internet and trying to figure out paint schemes for all of these new figures.  And on that, I'll see you next time, but until then Tarum et clama dimit belli canes!

No comments:

Post a Comment