6/27/2014

Vilified Vermin

Hey all!  

So, game day has come and gone.  Lots of craziness ensured while playing my games at the store (Paladin Tech and Games, Orlando), and I have much to talk about... Starting with how my games didn't go my way in any form.  

First things first, I began the day with a 1000 point game of Warhammer Fantasy using this force:


*See my previous posts if you'd like a full rundown of my army.  

I was playing against High Elves rocking:

lvl 2 high magic wizard
Noble w/ bsb
10 lothern sea guard 
10 Sword masters
10 Sisters of Averlorn
5 Reavers
Great Eagle with all upgrades
Bolt Thrower.

Right off the bat, I lined up my 40 Stormvermin/character combo across from the sword masters and Sea Guard, with night runners going ahead.  Against the right flank of Eagle, fast cav, and Sisters, I sent my giant rat blocks, warlock engineer, second night runner block, and my poisoned wind globadiers.

Spark Notes
-----------------
• Game starts
• Warplightning half the Sisters off
• Slings kill 4 Swordmasters
• WLC misses wildly
• Giant rats die
• FIERY CONVOCATION ON THE STORMVERMIN - KILLS 33 RATS
• Stormvermin try to stick
• Stormvermin flee
• WLC flees
• Doom Flayer Flees
• Globadiers kill Giant Eagle
• Warlock and night runners charge Sisters
• Warlock Dies. 

Chaos ensured

-- GG kid GG --


I literally have no words.  I take that back.  That was one of the most entertaining and enjoyable catastrophes I've had the pleasure of playing in a long time.  I'll be running this list until I figure out how to win with it....

What I took away from this?

- more wizards/levels
- take a dispel scroll (been doing it for 4 years, why I stopped this game?  Beats me)
- doom rocket = use on targets you can hit.  But have a backup.

ON TO THE SECOND EVENT!

So, besides getting curb stomped in fantasy, I got curb stomped at Infinity too!


Very basic table, 100 point game pitting Tohaa against ALEPH Steel Phalanx.  For face pounded, but learned so much.  In fact, I convinced a friend to learn how to play today and got two games in.

 

Tohaa from Day 2. 

Sakiel LT w/ viral combi
Kamael w/ combi rifle 
Kamael w/ LGL, combi rifle
Kamael w/ Light Rockets, combi rifle
Clipsos Infiltraitor w/ Sniper

Clipsos was the gal of the match: after only being fielded in two games her entire career so far, she managed to kill Ajax on Reactive Fire, and 3-4 guys over the course of two games today.  

Too much insanity for me.  Infinity is awesome.  Play it.  But also play Warhammer Fabtasy....😁👍


No comments:

Post a Comment