6/05/2014

GAAAME DAY!!! Recap

Hey all!

Been a crazy few days with work, but I am finally able to post up a recap of The Critz and I's first Weekly Game Day.

We played 1000 points of 7th edition 40k.  Nothing fancy mission wise, just killing each other.  I brought my Crimson Slaughter to go toe to toe against his Orks.


My Tzeentch themed CS featured:

Lvl 2 Biomancy/Tzeentch Sorcerer with a bunch of goodies
20 Tzeentch Cultists
10 Tzeentch Possessed
3 Tzeentch Obliterators
Minimum Thousand Sons Squad


Da Orks:

Old Zogwart
30 boys with shootas, 3 big shootas, power claw nob
20 boys with shootas, 2 big shootas, power claw nob
12 lootas
10 lootas
3 Killa Kans with grotzocas


After the first turn the Orks had 'ere we go'd across the table - yes we are aware those were FAQ'd, but seeing as we are basement gamers... Who cares?  Orks should be able to use their powers.  The 30 boy squad and Zogwart proceeded to wipe the cultist out of existance.


At the end of my shooting phase of the first turn.  Not much going on.  Managed to nuke a Killa Kan with a doombolt from the thousand Sons sorcerer.  I didn't get a picture, but my possessed squad and the Sorcerer - who was possessed too thanks to CS relics - mulched all 30 boys and Zogwart in 2 turns of combat.  So good.


(I made myself a liar - this is midway through the first round of the combat)


4th turn, my depleted squad of possessed would make it into combat with the second squad of boys, after my whole army shot at them.  This combat would also last two turns, see my sorcerer nuke another nob, a killa kan, and some boys, cause the boys to run, and then the whole possessed unit glance the last Killa Kan to death.  The next Ork shooting phase would see almost 50 shots hit the possessed, and kill all of them except the Sorcerer.


End game:

My sorcerer would go on to kill the remaining 7 boys single handedly, and then charge into the smaller loota squad and mulch it.

Needless to say, the games VIP?

 
This little guy, a true combat monster!  

My level 2 sorcerer with Slaughterer's Horns, Daemon Heart, Balestar of Mannan, and Prophet of the voices.  Plus Biomancy powers Life leech, enfeeble, and Tzeentch's Firestorm (primus) thanks to his mark of Tzeentch.  Would eventually roll FNP, It Will Not Die, and Something useless on the Chaos Boon table during the game.

All in all?  A resounding victory for my Crimson Slaughter when it looked like it would be an terribly one sided game from the get go, especially after all of my cultists were slaughtered in a single round....

Any who, next Tuesday, my dreams will finally come true!  My Skaven will finally take the field again!  Against - you guessed it! - The Critz and his Wood Elves!

Until then, I'll be painting more rats!  

No comments:

Post a Comment