6/20/2014

Miscellaneous Musings and Mutterings

Hey all!

So, it'c currently 1:35 am after an eight hour shift, and I've just spent an hour working on hobby to ensure that I make some progress on my myriad of projects.  Before we go any further, I'd like to apologize.  This post will not have any pictures tonight, as I am almost collapsing to the point of exhaustion now.  So, what am I working on you might ask? Well tonight I based the next few Skaven units I am trying to get painted for the Skazian Horde, so that I can convince myself that it is absolutely ok to buy more Rats.

Based the following:


  • Grey Seer
  • Warlock Engineer 
  • 20 Night Runners
  • Doom Flayer
As a side note about the doom flayer:  That model is one of the coolest models I've ever seen.  I stumbled upon it at the new store I've started to go to lately for weekly game night.  I will be buying the other two that they have in stock when I go next week.

  • Warplightning Cannon
  • Jezzail Unit
Happy to get the sand on the bases so that I can start to dry brush and get those bases ready for the actual paint that is going on the models themselves.

In addition to working on the Skazians, I have really started to invest a lot of time, thought, and excitement into Infinity.  With the new edition right around the corner, I took another look at the game, and have decided to try and crank out my current Tohaa army (including the most recent addition of a second Clipsos Infiltrator) as well as getting a second army on the table so that I can demo the game, and learn two different styles of play.  For my second army, I went ahead and picked up the Japanese Sectorial Army of the Yu Jing faction - an army that I have always enjoyed the looks of.  Plus, it matches my Skazians.  Really am looking forward to learning the Infinity system so that I can get into it as much as the local gamers have.  If even a quarter of the things they tell me are true, Infinity might replace Warhammer 40k as my Sci Fi game of choice.  

I mentioned earlier that I was visiting a new game shop to get in my gaming night for the week.  I have dropped both the local Games Workshop and the local Sci Fi City in favor of a smaller shop called Paladin Tech and Games, which has (by a huge margin) better stock, better community, and better events.  The gaming community there is getting ready to launch itself into a Kill Team league for 40k, as well as learn the ropes for Fantasy.  This is a great combination for me, as 40k tends to drag itself along in games bigger then even 1500 points - I just want them to be over with after the first hour and a half.  So Kill Team is a great bridge into 40k in 40 minutes.  And this store actually has a group of players that are interested and actively pursuing Warhammer Fantasy, which is more than I can say about the local GW or Sci Fi City - so my rats may actually get the cobwebs dusted off of them and get some table time next Tuesday.  

In addition to 40k and Fantasy, the most popular systems include Warmachine, Infinity, Malifaux, and a smattering of other games.  Mordheim is gaining popularity due to its connection to the Fantasy setting that is so loved.

Anyway, thats about all I have for tonight.  Take care everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment