6/22/2014

Atrocious Preparations and Asian Influx

Hey all!

So, by the time you read this it will be Monday here on the Eastern Coast of the good old US of A, which means that it usually is my first of two days off!!!

However....

This week I've been called in for some extra time to help do a little summer cleaning.  Usually this is not a bad thing - mo money is never a bad thing because that means, you guessed it, mo tabletop!

This Monday was going to be the day that I get final preparations done for my weekly expedition to the hobby shop - namely by finishing building a group of Samurai Stormvermin, getting some sand on their bases, and priming a metric ton of models to get ready for the game day.  However, that isn't in the cards for tomorrow during the day, so I will most likely get the building and basing done and get the pleasure of playing with plastic colored models *shudder*

I suppose now would be as good a time as any to tell you what the major happenings of the week are, and what will be going on Tuesday night down at the shop....

To start out with, I have been hard at work getting these lovelies ready to join a big unit of Stormvermin for a few small introductory games of Warhammer Fantasy


 Awwwwww yeeeaaaaaah.  I finally got around to actually building some freaking katana wielding rats!  These stormvermin, which will be added to my existing block of 20, will be awesome when they are down.  However, I have to get 9 more done by the end of tomorrow night in order to have that nice block done..... Plenty of time


Here they are all blocked up with what I have together.  I have 11 built of the second 20.  Just need to slap some sand on the base and they will be "ok" to go.  Id love to have them completely painted and based with a new movement tray... But I only get a few hours of hobby in a week at this point in time, so it isn't as much of a priority to get these guys done speedily, when I know that it will take a few weeks regardless of how quickly I slap them together (so I might as well do it right yeah?).


Here is the lovely army that I will be taking to the shop on Tuesday to play a game against the new Wood Elves, possibly Warriors of Chaos or High Elves too.

Chieftain w/ great weapon, enchanted shield
Chieftain w/ BSB, shield, mask of EEE
Warlock Engineer w/ Doom Rocket, Lvl 1 Wizard
---
Stormvermin w/ 38, full command, shields, doom flayer
Night Runners w/ 10, slings
Night Runners w/ 10, slings
Giant Rats w/ 5, master
Giant Rats w/ 5, master
---
Poisoned Wind Globadiers w/ 7
---
Warp Lightning Cannon

Really nothing fancy here, just wanted to try some new toys and teach some new guys with a list that isn't "meta".  Stormvermin will have the BSB and General in it, while the engineer plops in with one of the Night Runner units.  Night Runners and Giant Rats will run ahead to try and block unfavorable charges and pin some units down for a turn or two.

I've never used Poisoned Wind Globadiers, but they seem really cool.  Same story for the lightning cannon.  Should be interesting for all of the toys on the table to go at each other.  Doom Flayer just sounds freaking cool to use - plus I didnt think running both a Doom Wheel and a WLC in a 1000 point game was all that fair on newbs.

DIE DIE MAN-THINGS
So, with all of the Fantasy gaming aside, the other big things going on at the store this week are the start of a new 40k Kill Team League, in which you... bring a kill team and play some games.  Easy huh?  I'll either bring some Thousand Sons (AP3 Bolters son) or some cultists with a few possessed to make things interesting.

Probably nothing too fancy in the end.

AND ANOTHER THING!

Infinity is looking sexier and sexier.  So much so that I bought this....


The Japanese Sectorial Army, some D20, and a second Tohaa Clipsos.  I've never played a single game of Infinity, and I regret that more and more with each passing day.  I have a Tohaa army, a Japanese Army, and now I went out and purchased some more Yu Jing stuff today to go with my Japanese Sectorial: A Raiden Seibutai and a Tokusetsu Butai Doctor/Engineer.  I honestly have no idea how good or bad any of these things are.  From my understanding, there are really no bad choices - and I just really freaking liked those models, so how could they be bad?  Same goes for just about every army/model/game I pick up.  If the models follow the rule of cool, how bad could they be?



Now, when I need a break from all of the rats that just keep coming, I have 2 Infinity forces that need some love - starting with those gorgeous Tohaa models.  Anyway, that's really all that I've got for tonight guys.  I'll post more progress photos as they come, and I will make a solid effort to post photos from the games happening on Tuesday.  Until then, may the dice forever cock up in your favor.



No comments:

Post a Comment