7/24/2013

The Dystopian Wars Question

Hey All!

So, as you all know, I have been kicking around the idea of starting some Dystopian Wars.  Not right now mind you, but down the line when I have some more time and money, it is certainly on the list to play.  However, I want to pick the right fleets to start out with...  I want to do something similar to my Firestorm Armada plan - collect two fleets so that I can demo the game to people and have some variety to my playing.

Which leads me to my question... what fleets?  I've narrowed it down to one for certain, but I am not sure about the other.

I am going to collect Republique of France.  They have gorgeous models, an awesome play style with the mid range effectiveness, some of the best air units, FLYING BATTLESHIPS, and other interesting tidbits like that.  Plus I love the look of all of their models.















I mean come on.... thats fantastic looking (and also happens to be the starter box)

What should my other fleet be then?  Well, my thoughts were the following:

Prussians - I love their land and air models, and the no-nonsense approach to their navy models is nice in its own way.  I love that they use Tesla weapons, and that they are renowned for boarding assaults.  However, it is those same Naval vessels that make me think I might get bored with them.  I don't want to get bored painting the ships.  I love their land and air models - they are some of the coolest in the game - but I want to start on the naval side of things.















Covenant of Antarctica - Once again, their models just really get me.  I love the walker models on land (I don't care for EotBS naval stuff, which is why they wont be here on this list even though they have walkers too) and they have some interesting Air choices.  Their naval stuff is pretty cool, with the exception of the frigate, but I would get over that.
















Chinese Federation - I know that they are only a naval faction at the moment... But they have awesome models.  I really want to get into the Land and Air portions of the game, and I wont be able to do that with the Chinese, but I still put them in because I could always start a third fleet for land based operations.  For instance - Chinese and French for the naval battles, then French and Prussians for land and air, eventually adding in naval units for the Prussians.... which would probably make more sense if I just added Chinese later, after two main fleets...











Free Australians - Same reason as the Chinese - they have beautiful models, but they are only naval at the moment and that would result in serious problems when I want to add land and air to the game.  Even though I really like their models....


















So there you have it.  I am leaning towards either Prussians, even though I might get bored with the Naval vessels, or Chinese, just because their models are so damn cool.  I don't know though... Any help would be much appreciated!

In the meantime, I have a game of Firestorm Armada coming down the pike in the next couple days I think, so that should be awesome!  Look forward to seeing that in the near future... Until then, Tarum et clama dimit belli canes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment