6/19/2015

New Author: Matte Varnish

Got your attention? Mm. The Undefeated Gaul. Mmmmmmmm.

That's right. I'm all over the place.

Actually, most, if not all, of you have never heard of me. While my feelings may be a bit hurt, I'm sure I'll get over it in time. I'll use this first post as an introduction to who I am, what I like, and what you all can expect from me in the future.

I am an avid gamer. Tabletop wargames, video games, mind games, all of it. Even mind games. I started the hobby playing Warhammer 40,000, leading my Witch Hunters to glorious victory time and time again. I've played Games Workshop games for a majority of my "gaming career" and will likely continue until they either go out of business or I die. I have experience playing Malifaux, Warhammer Fantasy (for two very...blergh...games), Warmachine, Uncharted Seas, Infinity, and, well, who knows what else. It'd be easier to just say that I have played a lot of games.

As much as I love gaming, I spend a majority of my time assembling, converting, and painting the miniatures belonging to the aforementioned games. I am no professional painter by any means, nor do I want to be. I have a few tricks that get me by, all of which I am sure will be shared with you, my adoring audience.

It should be noted that I love the hobby. All of it. Nothing pains me more than to hear 40K players insult each other, WHFB (R.I.P.) insult 40k players, and Warmahorde players insult everyone. Each game is unique in mechanics, lore, model range, or a combination of all three. Insulting anyone in this hobby is a fantastic way to kill the hobby and drive people away (as if the community isn't already small enough as it is). From time to time, I will notice a representative of the spitting hate. Don't be surprised if they get called out on it, and I won't be surprised if nobody cares.

You can expect assembly/painting updates, lists that I toy around with, general strategies for specific units (from whatever game), editorials, product reviews, and anything else that happens to come up. For example, I'll show you soon some Gremlins from Malifaux that I have been working on for Sinscaptain and how I dealt with how bad I screwed up the orange. It was brown. The texture was all off. I fixed it in one step.

I am VERY excited to see how Age of Sigmar turns out, so expect a lot of updates on that.

Here is what you should not expect from me (but it may very well happen!):
  • Nudie pics. I'm dead sexy, but I make it a point not to flaunt it. Except right there.
  • Depressing nonsense. There is enough negativity out there. While there may be some...questionable...comments, I will NEVER say "Don't play this game. Game A is so much better than Game B. Ha, Game C losers." Never.
  • Frequent posts when Fallout 4 is released. I already have my Pip Boy ordered and will be scouring the wasteland. If you need something, just leave it in a mailbox. I'm sure I'll find it.
I think that about covers it, huh? I check in often, so leave questions, comments, and hate mail. Just direct all hate mail to Sinscaptain. I'm sure he'll pass it on.

The Emperor Protects.

Matte.

No comments:

Post a Comment