6/22/2015

I am Wrath. I am Steel. I am the Mercy of Angels.


 
First off...I took pictures of all of my models. I then realized I had no way to get them to my computer. The resident Tech Adept and I are about to have a chat.


So I have been watching the leaks concerning the Dark Angels a lot lately. I must say that I am very, very excited. First, some background. Utility will probably be in a future post.

My brother has been playing Dark Angels ever since he started 40k. I have always admired the models and how well they would fit in with my Sisters. I never felt compelled to start the army, however. That all changed when I watched the two following videos when they were released:

The first Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaumoYODnDw&index=20&list=FLXA0LUbHW9F2kVFW6-xUsAA

The way the storm bolters sound in this first video hooked me instantly. I watched this nearly every day for about two months straight.

The second Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YROOgLD-wtU&index=10&list=FLXA0LUbHW9F2kVFW6-xUsAA

Everything about this second video was absolutely amazing. I love that the music is different from what I typically expected from a 40k environment. The plasma cannons look fantastic and, oh sweet peanut butter, that heavy flamer is amazing.

Following these two videos, I started building a Dark Angels force from all of the Dark Vengeance boxes I had lying around. Here is a list of what I have right now:



Ravenwing:
1x Sammael
7x Land Speeders, some of which need repairs (and a stolen Blood Angel Speeder!!!!)
3x Attack Bikes in need of major repair
5x Units of Ravenwing Bikers from the Dark Vengeance box
1x Old-school Chaplain on a bike that I have been saving for the perfect moment (now, obviously)

Thoughts on Ravenwing:
I am going to hold off on these guys until I see the book. I am not quite sure how I want to kit them out. Once the options become available, I'll make a judgment.



Deathwing:
1x Belial, converted from an old Blood Angels Sgt. Lorenzo model. Needs a lot of work.
1 nib Deathwing Command Squad
2x 5-Man squads of Deathwing Knights that need stripping.
10x TH/SS Terminators, 2 of which also have Cyclone Missile Launchers (Wooorth it)
2x Power Sword/Storm Bolter Sergeants
9x PF/SB Terminators (3 converted from Brothers Goriel, Noctis, & Omnio)
3x Chainfist/SB Terminators
1x Assault Cannon Terminator (I swore I had 2...)
2x Plasma Cannon Terminators
2x Heavy Flamer Terminators
3x Dreadnoughts that need to be stripped and fixed.



Greenwing & HQs: (Other than Belial and Sammael, of course)
1x Azrael
1x Chaplain Seraphicus
1x Terminator Chaplain
2x Terminator Librarians
1x Cypher (He's a Loyalist, damnit)
5x Librarians (2 of which are the DV Chapter Masters)
3x 10-man Tactical Squads with 1x Plasma Gun and 1x Plasma Cannon each
8x Bolter Scouts
7x Shotgun Scouts
9x Sniper Scouts
2x Heavy Bolter Scouts
2x Missile Launcher Scouts



Thoughts of where to go next:
I have a bag with another DV sprue containing some special characters, a tactical squad (sans a plasma cannon), and a Ravenwing squad. I'll have to sort that out and dig up another plasma cannon. Speaking of, I need to find another Assault Cannon Terminator.

I also have a few Land Raiders lying around. I am tempted to turn one into a Deathwing Vehicle.

I definitely want some Ravenwing Black Knights and, possibly, a Ravenwing Command Squad. I may grab some air support, depending on if I can scrap up the extra cash. Oh, and two boxes of Devastators. Maybe. Depends on if I can make use of ALL of the weapons.

My biggest challenge, I feel, will be deciding how to separate the squads and make them look unique.

Feel free to leave some comments and help me figure out which direction I should go with this. If you have any questions about my setup, I'd be more than happy to answer those as well.

Until next time,

++Matte++

1 comment:

  1. Those are some great videos. They make me want to start a deathwing force immediately :)

    ReplyDelete