8/27/2014

Stay on Target...

Hey all!

So it has been a while since I last posted on here - my apologies.  Been a little crazy getting back into the swing of things with University and Marching Band starting back up.

I am happy to report that I am back with my tabletop group in Auburn, and have already had a successful game night.  I wanted to get a feel for the new Ork Codex - as I am very tempted to trade in my Chaos Marine army for a shiny new Ork army.  The marines feel like they have a bland style of play to me, and I am using all of the bells and whistles that I can fit into our games!


I took to the field with 2 squadrons 3 of Killa Kans with grotzookas, 2 standard Deff Dreads, 10 Burna Boyz, a Big Mek with a Tellyporta Blasta, Mad Doc Grotsnick, 3 meganobz, and finally a Lvl 2 Weirdboy.

I played against an all Legion of the Damned army, with the addition of a Deathwing Terminator squad.  It was an excellent game for one of us...  My Deff Dreads just mangled deep striking Legionnaires, with whatever lived through the claws getting set to flame by the Burna Boyz.  All in all, it was a nice game of The Relic, which ended with the Mega Nobz running off with the objective at the end of the game.

I really enjoy the new Ork codex, and I might actually consider swapping to them after I get a few more games under my belt.  I really love the idea of a Dread mob with a bunch of Burna Boyz and making some sort of "Wrekkin' Krew" clan army.....


Anywho, on other fronts I have continued to increase my board game collection, which now includes:

- Mansions of Madness
- Ticket to Ride
- Merchant of Venus
- Takenoko
- Forbidden Desert
- Gloom
- Power Grid (including Korea/China expansion)
- Seasons
- X-Wing Miniatures

We are beginning a new monthly board game night, starting in September, in which we will try and just kick it back and play some fun and simple games.  I am looking at grabbing some more games, including:




Cadwallon - City of Thieves
by Fantasy Flight Games

A fantasy game featuring 2-4 players running about the city of Cadwallon, robbing various places and other gangs in an attempt to earn the most cash before the city gates come crashing down.  I really like the concept of this game, and would love to get a group of guys together and just go at each other for a few hours.  This will probably be a purchase soon, just because it looks too awesome not to have.


Flash Point: Fire Rescue
by Indie Boards & Cards

A co-op game (with solo options) that is extremely embedded in the theme of... well, being a Firefighter.  It features lots of crazy action where you and your friends go in and attempt to rescue as many people as you can before buildings come crashing down around you.  Sounds awesome, theme-y, and it has options for Solo Play which is a big plus for me.


The Adventurers: The Pyramid of Horus
by Fantasy Flight Games

Similar to Cadwallon in my opinion, but with a different theme.  I am a huge fan of Indiana Jones, and so this game tickles an itch that comes from too many adventure movies and Uncharted Games.  This would be awesome to get just to run through a few times and relax with the guys.


Skyway Robbery
by Philip duBarry

This is an excellent looking Kickstarter that I am extremely tempted to back.  It just looks too awesome...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/phantasio/skyway-robbery

Finally, the last thing that I want to talk about before I call it a night is a challenge thrown down by a gent that goes by "Deserter" on his blog and instagram.  He is challenging himself, and others, to complete his "6 Month Mountain Reduction & Painting Challenge," which is exactly what it sounds like.  It is a challenge where you don't buy any new models, paint your backlog, and post weekly progress about what you are doing.  You are allowed to get miniatures as gifts, and you are allowed 2 (and only 2) small purchases - eBay bundle, small characters, or small units.

While I complete this challenge, I may have already planned my first purchase.....

Mantic Zombies yo...
Because I may or may not have already planned and pre-ordered one of the most exciting wargaming events I have witnessed in my time playing games......


I am very, very, very excited.........

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment