7/27/2014

Game Night VI - Unexpected Country

Hey all!

So the title is sort of a lie, I have no idea how many game nights I've had this summer break.  However, the rest of the title is true.

We are fast approaching Tabletop Tuesday, where usually I'd be chomping at the bit to get some Warhammer Fantasy in, or grudgingly dragging my Chaos Space Marines out for the umpteenth time this year.  But last Tuesday, I started down a different path.  No models, just meeples.  No charts and tables comparing ballistic skills and range bands, or anything of the sort.  It was a small box of cards, a couple dozen train meeples, and some sports.  I left with a box full of Lovecraftian Horror, and a keen desire to get more meeples and more small boxes full of tokens and cards.

So what do I bring this week?  Should I pack up the old Citadel Case full of Stormvermin and Screaming Bells?  Should I dust off some Helldrakes and Demolisher cannons?  Maybe make way for the meeples?  

I am in a crunch.  This coming Friday, I will be hosting a Mansions of Madness game at my house, so I know that I don't have to drag that down to the shop.  And I know for a fact that I will be loading up my Dreadball stuff before I roll out for the shop.  So that leaves the choice still of several game systems, ranging from Firestorm Armada to Power Grid.  I know for a fact that I will most likely pick up a copy of Merchants of Venus, Diplomacy, or Twighlight Struggle - maybe to play at the store right then.  

I'm sorry that this blog has drifted away from the bad reviews about cheap games - hopefully I'll be able to sit down and really write up a review for a few games after this weeks Tabletop Tuesday, atleast for Dreadball, Gloom, and Ticket to Ride.  

Until then, happy gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment