1/30/2014

Warhammer 40k League Update

Hey all!

Been a while since I last posted about our league and the amount of work and effort people have been putting into the idea of 40k.  So, here is my update.

Last weekend we all went to our new favorite store to game at, called Moxie Games in Georgia.  Much shorter drive for us to go here instead of Treefort games.  All 6 of us decided to play a round of 40k.  Drawing lots, the games came out as follows:

Tau vs Space Wolves - long table edges, kill points

Eldar vs Tyranids - 4 objectives

Grey Knights vs (The mighty) Chaos Space Marines - 5 objectives

We all played through our games - it was 1500 points this week - and finally got a good amount of 40k done for the league.  The Space Wolves were running an assault heavy list and got crushed by the Tau player, who didn't even run any Riptides (gasp!).

The Eldar player tabled the new Nids book without even breaking a sweat.

My game against the Grey Knights was an excellent game, filled with tomfoolery and really just looking to have a good time.  I ran my usual Khorne heavy list, while he ran a Henchman spam list with a Dreadknight and a single squad of 10 Paladins to hold the line.  Game ended when, after throwing my entire left flank at the Paladins, my army fled or died.  Fun game in general though.  I caused a lot of damage and had a blast.

After 40k League ended for the night, I got in a game of Fantasy with the Nids player, who has since purchased a lot of Daemons from both myself and the Grey Knight player.  We had a good amount of tabletop talk going around after that and people painted and built up their armies, while I got my ass handed to me by my own Skaven.  The Grey Knights player convinced a few of us to play Malifaux and I bought the Collodi Box (daemon puppet master who turns children into marionettes) set to get on the table.

Fast forward to this week, where 3 days of classes got canceled due to snow, and we all decided to have a painting and playing week.  We got a good amount of painting and building done, as I cranked through a unit of 11 Berserkers,  2 pieces of terrain I built out of thrift store materials, and 5 more Khorne Marines (basic marines with mark of Khorne, CCW, and the ability to run 2 plasma guns in the squad), as well as 2 Obliterators.  A good amount of painting I think, trying to get to the 2000 point mark in a little over a month.  I realized just today however that I only have 9 models left to paint until I have reached my 2000 point list, which was a welcome surprise, because I am in charge of getting the Fantasy league underway for next semester.

In addition to all of the 40k painting we got done, my girlfriend offered to paint up my Malifaux set because she wanted to paint some bright colors for a change.  She has since powered through 7 of the 8 models, and is now just working on Collodi himself.  My brushes are still smoking from when she used them.

Of course, while she was doing that I was introducing my friend into Fantasy, while he used his brand new Daemons.  My Skaven gave him a proper beating.  It is always good to enjoy a nice relaxed game of fantasy on a cold day, or atleast I think so.  The game was great fun, and saw entire units of Daemons come back from the warp to pester my Plague Monks before getting dashed by my Plague Furnace, or for them to spit warpfire at my slaves and kill all of them in a single round of shooting (blasted leadership 2!) only to get eaten by my Hellpit as it finally careens into his ranks on turn 4.  Fantastic game.

Well, thats about all I have on the updating docket.  I have another post in me tonight, but it is going to be more of a narrative teaser at some of the events that are going to be taking place NEXT SEMESTER....

No comments:

Post a Comment