2/17/2016

Painting in the Realm of Beasts

Hey all,

Hope you are doing well.  Its been a good bit since my last post, so I am happy to be back entering your eye holes once again.  Not much in the way of gaming lately, as school has started to pick up again.  A couple of friends got together to play a couple of rounds of Splendor, but other than that it has been a draught of tabletop gaming.  Gotta love Alabama.

What does this mean I have been doing?  I must have done something if I am writing a blog post, right?  Well, my dear intrepid readers, I have been working on painting up some Skaven for the past couple of weeks.  I just thought that I would take the time to go ahead and post them up here.

I have started experimenting with P3 Paints, and I have to say that I do adore them now. As I start to get more comfortable with painting in general again - I was off the horse for about 6 months - I will start to experiment with some of the more advanced painting techniques; wet blending, two brush blending, I may even try my hand at some nonmetallic metals.  Who knows!  I am really getting back into the painting aspect of the hobby thanks to the guys over at Garagehammer and some of the amazing work done on the Age of Sigmar Facebook pages.  I will probably make a return to painting some Malifaux models in the near future as well, as I have more than a few models left to paint for that game system.

Here is my photodump for all of my recent Skaven painting.





While it may not seem as impressive a photodump as those that have come before, this isn't the full scale of work.  I already have 25 of the Plaguemonks cranked out, and am working on another 12 before I move on to the command elements of the unit and my Plague Priest - whom needs to be rebased AGAIN on a 32mm base according to what they come with from GW's main site.  I am not complaining though, as I think the 32mm will look great on Plaguemaster Malkk.  As you can see from the last photo, I am also currently working on getting my weapons teams up to snuff again, as well as back into the new and improved color scheme of my Plague army.  I think that once I have the Plague monks all done I will most likely move on to getting my clanrat units repainted.  I need to come up with a creative way to make 2 units of 30ish into something like 3 units of 20.  OR I need to just go ahead and buy another battalion box while you can still get them and make 3 units of 30 clanrats and 3 units of 20 plaguemonks.  So many choices.

Before too long I need to get my Stormvermin brought into line with the new way of thinking, or leave them as the Asian Skaven mercenaries that they are and paint up the Katana converted models to have the same scheme as the current rats of Clan Hashiji.

Thats about all I've got at the moment.  I wont bore you with my plans for the Khorne Bloodbound until I actually start getting some paint on them, which may be a country minute still.  So, until next time - Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment